Email marketing is one of the most effective channels of digital marketing, especially when used with principles of marketing automation.
But, it can be very tricky and there are a lot of pitfalls and roadblocks you can hit. Although a part of the palette of digital marketing channels, email is a special beast.
Sign up for Free
This course will teach you how to plan and implement an email marketing program properly by following the 9 Steps of Email method. The course follows a series of texts that will cover each one of the steps of the method in enough detail so you can actually get out of it with knowledge and an email marketing automation plan on our own.
About the course
There’s probably a dozen great email marketing courses and guides on the Internet right now. You should read them all and soak in as much information as you need. I’ll link to some of the ones I believe are great a bit later, but let’s just get this out of the way: this email marketing course is unique. It’s designed to teach you the principles that will guide you to implement a proper email marketing strategy and do it repeatedly. It leans on the 9 Steps of Email method, created back in 2013 by yours truly to serve the needs of the ever-growing number of organizations that soak their feet in the email waters.
This email marketing course will teach you the following:
- how to think strategically and plan your entire email marketing communication the right way
- how to use data and automation to optimize for conversion
- how to avoid all kinds of pitfalls, for there are many
- how to deliver to the inbox, no matter the environment you’re using (given the right setup).
However, please note that this course will not teach you these:
- how to send your first/best/ideal email campaign. Go to your chosen platform’s support or blog page.
- how to use tool X to accomplish Y. I don’t endorse tools here. Although I do use ConvertKit, just ’cause I like it.
- tips and tricks of getting your email opened/clicked on. There are no tricks. More on this later.
Simply put, this is a course on the methodology of email, not a collection of cheap tips and tricks that may or may not work.
Who is the course for?
This course is best for:
- Entrepreneurs and business owners looking for know-how
- Product owners looking to increase their retention KPIs
- Marketing professionals looking to up their digital game
- CTOs looking to build a scalable and reliable system
Also, I found that this course works well for both people from SMBs and Enterprise-level companies. Although the method was designed for Enterprise-level complexity, I’ve made this course simple enough so that even the single-product organizations can benefit from it without a lot of redundancy.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the Course
- Fundamentals of Email Marketing
- Step 1: Identify Your Goals and User Personas
- Step 2: Understand the Journeys of Your Personas
- Step 3: Define Types of Messages and Types of Content
- Step 4: Define the Point of Each Email, Design for Conversion
- Step 5: Code and Test the Emails
- Step 6: Dynamic Automated User Segments
- Step 7: Send and Deliver
- Step 8: Analyze and Learn
- Step 9: Iterate and Improve